New source for clutch / brake res mount

Bike
2006 ST1300
I've been looking for some time for additional mounting solutions for some of my various devices and I ran across this idea.

I was in radio shack picking up some heat shrink tubing and saw these speaker mounts:

Omnimount Speaker Mounts

It looked like it would fit the clutch well so on a whim I bought one and gave it a shot. To my surprise it fit PERFECTLY! I did have to go to Home Depot and pick up some 4mm .7 x 12mm machine screws and small washers to replace the short ones on the clutch well cover.

The Shack had two sizes of mount, the one I used was the larger, model "AB2". The smaller one was too small to reach both screws on the clutch res.

The long shaft shown in the picture is removable leaving only a shaft about th e length of the speaker mount end. There are set screws allowing turning the main shaft left and right, pivoting and turning the top shaft (the part holding the Chatterbox radio) up/down & left right as well as rotating (clockwise / counterclockwise) the device mounted.

While RAM mounts are the 'norm' I wanted a local source (just because) but I also liked the fact that this is fixed with a set screw and not a knob, I feel a bit safer leaving stuff connected if it is somewhat secure (can just twist a knob to take it off) but it is easily removed if I just take an allen wrench (which I keep on the bike anyway).

The part was only about $25.00 from Radio Shack so not bad for a local source part.

Here are some pics of the installation:

Last edited:

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Now THAT is a Great find!! I like it!

I wonder if they will fit on the 1100??? Hummm, there is a "Shack" about 2 miles from work....

Then I'll have to buy another farkle, then explain it to the wife, then call a lawyer, then..... argh! This farkling is a sickness, ya know!!

OP
OP
NCST
Bike
2006 ST1300
Now THAT is a Great find!! I like it!

I wonder if they will fit on the 1100??? Hummm, there is a "Shack" about 2 miles from work....

Then I'll have to buy another farkle, then explain it to the wife, then call a lawyer, then..... argh! This farkling is a sickness, ya know!!
Yeah, I know!!! I only bought 1 since it was an experiment but i think I'm heading back today to get another for the other side. I need to mount my satellite radio now!

Freaking farkleing, nothing but trouble, geeky, fun, techy, nerdy trouble.

Last edited:
Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
The lawyer ain't gonna help, dead's dead.
Take that money allocation, farkle, gas and squeel wheels to the safe house.

Top Bottom