New ST1300.

Bike
VStrom 650
No not really but it made you look.
Just been reading about the new for 2019, RT1250 VVT, 150 bhp and increased torque throughout because of the VVT.
I don't believe everything I read on the Interweb thingymadgig but it read like they knew what they were talking about. It was a foreign site and I translated it through Google, what would we do without Google. Sorry not to post link but give it a search and if you can find a young child to post piccies onto here then that would be fabbo.
Lighter than an ST1300, 150 bhp, better torque spread. What's not to like, besides BMW sales and service, but that's probably just me.
Upt'North.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
At least BMW is a player in the sport touring market! Unlike Honda that, at least in the US, is just walking away from it. Oh well......lots of other bikes out there to ride

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
........ What's not to like, besides BMW sales and service, but that's probably just me.
Upt'North.
Also their penchant for their transmissions to go boom. I know 4 guys at work with Beemers and they have ALL had tranny issues. One guy had his fixed/replaced 4 times. So bad that BMW told him they are stumped and the bike has sat for 4 years now.

Bike
07 ST1300
I had a 1200GS when they first came and had nothing but problems with it. Mainly electrical issues but I got rid before I had any mechanical issues. I traded the BMW for a Honda and never had a minutes trouble with the Honda despite daily riding, including the depths of winter.
The three BMW dealers I tried were also far from helpful. If I was in the market for a new sports tourer I'd have a tough job finding something I actually wanted.
Good job I've got the ST!

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
Obviously BMW, sales, service and reliability isn't just me. LOL.
Hopefully if they produce the new RT1250 (?) it will up its game. Wouldn't count on it though.
Upt'North.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I loved my old Airheads, but the new crop of BMW bikes scares me. In talking to owners in the past 5 years or so, I have not heard ANY good comments.

Top Bottom