New Thunderbird test ride

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
Took the new Thunderbird out for a demo ride today. I didn't get to ride far as my friends were waiting on me. I did get to scoot down the highway and back. Initial impressions from just looking was good. It looks better than in the pictures. Fit and finish seem nice with good attention to detail. The bike seemed smaller than I had imagined. Tank seems big enough to hold some fuel for a decent range.
From the short ride I was impressed.
The bike fired and idled nice. It has a good sound with the stock exhaust.

There were no vibrations to speak of through out the entire rpm range. It was as smooth as my ST.

The transmission shifted smooth. It was crisp and postive. Better than any other bike I have rode.

The handle bars and foot pegs were in the perfect spot for me. The bike has the classic cruiser position. The seat felt comforable for the sort ride I was on.

The guages were a little low for my liking being tank mounted. The did have lots of info, with a time, fuel guage, miles remaing, ect. It also had a tach that swept down instead of up. The tach was a neat feature as most crusiers now dont have them, however it was hard to read and left you guessing as to the exact rpm.

The brakes were fantastic. Dual disc up front with single in back. Nice wide clutch and brake lever.

The power delivery was smooth. No jerking or surging. It has plenty of git up and go.

Overall I was pleased with the bike in general. The styling is remanacent of the VTX C model (which I always liked). This is one that I will have to put on my "list".

OP
OP
Smallville

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
Yeah it sounded really sweet. Definatly had a big twin sound. I bet with Triumphs performance pipes it would sound really good.

Top Bottom