Newbie questions...no owners manual!!

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Just picked up an '04 ST1300 (non-ABS but has electric windscreen)yesterday...8,100 miles. Had complete service and two new tires installed. Probem is that the bike doesn't have an owners manual, and I haven't picked up a Clymer yet (if one is available at this time).
So don't know some of the important little stuff like....

1, Tire Pressures f/r (I've read to go higher than the recommendation for various reasons.

2. Oil capacity and viscosity (not even getting into which type!!)

3. Where to add oil (see, newbie stuff!)

4. Basic suspension setting recommendations

5. Where, how and how often to check the coolant?

6. How often to check final drive lube (are splines an issue on this bike?)

7. Any other caveats (things to look out for)? I enjoy tinkering with my machines, and hope there is enough to do on the ST1300 that it doesn't become boring!!

Thanks for any replies...feel free to IM, PM or email as well!

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
1 through 5 are covered in the owner's manual. A PDF of the '03 version is here. Not much changed in '04.

I change the gear lube at every oil change 'cause it's easy and cheap. Splines aren't a big issue other than checking/relubing. They don't have a habit of breaking.

7. Any other caveats (things to look out for)?
The Honda service manual is quite good and well worth the cash. I'm not sure if Clymer has one out or not. I also find the parts catalog useful for figuring out how things go together.

I enjoy tinkering with my machines, and hope there is enough to do on the ST1300 that it doesn't become boring!!
The 13 doesn't require a much tinkering. That's why we farkle the hell out of 'em. :D

Speaking of which, I don't know why I'm in front of the computer. (Yes I do, work called.) Time to go out and ride. :04biker:

--Mark

Top Bottom