No-Mar Overhead Arm Change

Bike
2014 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
The Overhead arm design was changed on the Jr. Pro, I think for the better. I seen it in action this past June at a rally in Taos New Mexico and liked the way it worked. I ordered the new arm today for $69 plus shipping.

Never done car tires before so I hope to have it by this weekend to dismount/mount my new tires! The NM video made it look like a cupcake, we'll see.

Bike
'06 ST1300A
The Overhead arm design was changed on the Jr. Pro, I think for the better. I seen it in action this past June at a rally in Taos New Mexico and liked the way it worked. I ordered the new arm today for $69 plus shipping.

Never done car tires before so I hope to have it by this weekend to dismount/mount my new tires! The NM video made it look like a cupcake, we'll see.
They've added an overhead arm accessory to the Cycle Hill changer. I sent them an email asking them "what is the purpose of the overhead arm?" I'm not impressed with their response, so I'll ask here:

What is the purpose of the overhead arm?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I did my truck tires with the classic model. It didn't fit in the chocks so I had to strap it down but with a little work, it worked just fine. Smaller car tires shouldn't be a problem. Next time we need tires for our vehicles that's what I'll use.

What is the purpose of the overhead arm?
It's used to hold the vertical bar that contacts the wheel and provides leverage for the mount/demount bar. Both options are just a different way to do the same thing.

The main difference is with the overhead bar, you just need to get the tip of it into the wheel center whereas with the cyclehill you need to get the bar all the way through the wheel.. minor difference.

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
+1 on the truck tires... had to do mine after the granddaughter helped wash the truck and bent over the valve stems... ( I change them with new tires, but these tires were 7 years old and the valve stems must have dried too! )

Had no problem popping bead with the NMar, fixed in a few mins... Like Joe said, the plastic clamps didn't work well till after the bead was broken and then locked in ok (tire blocked rim edges).. but also the truck tires are much easier to work with compared to the rear ST tire or GW.

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
I'm assuming the overhead bar is more robust than the small diameter post that goes through the rim on the cycle hill. Mine had a slight bend in it after the second tire. Maybe if I complain to cycle hill I can get a discount on the overhead bar.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
So, I was hoping the overhead bar was going to help hold the wheel down. Guess I'll just keep on strapping it down then.
+1 ... at least that's what I thought it did on the Cycle Hill changer. I really dislike how easily the rim pops up/out on the Cycle Hill so I strap down the rims (3 straps).

OP
OP
stoc445
Bike
2014 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Well tonight after work, I mounted the upper arm and proceeded to dismounted and mounted 2 car tires. Temps in the low 30's so the old tires didn't want to cooperate. New ones were warm and actually went on easier than MC tires. Bout 30 minutes total.

The channeled upper bar is different, definitely didn't twist like the old one did. Don't care for the clamps they used, but could be just working with it a bit more.

Top Bottom