No Mar truck hitch option

STOC #
I bought a No Mar tire changer about ten years ago and mounted the contraption on the back porch. Great little device out here in the sticks where MC shops are nonexistent.

I have moved to a new location and don’t want to install the thing in the enclosed garage. The truck hitch temporary mount looks like a viable solution to limited space.

Has anyone used the hitch mount? Any other ideas? Thank you in advance and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I have and it works fine on my no mar. I prefer the solid mount of a garage floor but if space is at a premium or you aren't allowed to drill holes, or just don't want to.. the hitch is a great alternative.

I have used it as well and it works just fine. Of course you can't walk around it 360 degrees but its a non-issue.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I've used only a hitch-mounted No-Mar, but found I wanted to work with my truck's tailgate down. So I made a hinged/folding extension as shown in the photo ... and I did shorten it later as it was a bit too long. Yeah, there's a bit of leverage imposed on the rear suspension when in use, but it's quite manageable. Have changed over 60 tires with this arrangement. Also makes it convenient when I want to change tires in places other than at home.DSC01395.JPG

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I don't know how many tire changes Byron does these days (especially since he's not around me! ;) But he used the hitch mount all the time!

100_1381.JPG

The No-Mar tire changer I have now, will not work on a hitch mount.

2021-08-18-tirechange.jpg

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
When I had the no mar the receiver hitch mount was a nice option. It was a little tall for me so got a drop hitch attachment so I'd have more leverage for breaking the bead.

I now have a Rabaconda and, for me, it's easier to use than the no mar.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
@Mellow have you changed anyone's GS or GSA tires with your Rabaconda?
I'm reading of some having difficulties with their cross-spoked wheels, and apparently those are better suited for use with the streetbike version, as opposed to dualsport / dirtbike version.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I'm reading of some having difficulties with their cross-spoked wheels, and apparently those are better suited for use with the streetbike version, as opposed to dualsport / dirtbike version.
Did they buy the kit for dirt and dual sport tire changes? If so, they are using the wrong tire changer.

Rabaconda states the following;
Please note! For modern BMW GS and other cross-spoked wheels use Rabaconda Street Bike Tire Changer

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Not yet but have changed super tenere tires and it was fine.

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
Been using my NoMar Cycle Hill hitch mount for years now. (except when I get lazy) Bought it second hand and it paid for it's self after 4 tire changes. Fold up nice for storage when not in use.
Unrelated question for you, I just obtained a Cycle Hill 2nd hand and it's missing the 3 "center posts". Could I just replace these with some black iron pipe? I see NoMar sells a replacement kit, but they are quite expensive for what I'm guessing they are.

Thanks!

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Unrelated question for you, I just obtained a Cycle Hill 2nd hand and it's missing the 3 "center posts". Could I just replace these with some black iron pipe? I see NoMar sells a replacement kit, but they are quite expensive for what I'm guessing they are.

Thanks!
Sure can. If you look closely at the pictures you will see I use a piece of steel rod for a center post that fits through the wheel bearings of my moto wheels.

Top Bottom