Not a Drop, But Still Had to Pick the Darn Thing Up!

Bike
09 ST1300
STOC #
As I left work this afternoon, a co-worker ran up and said "Andy, someone knocked your bike over!" I looked into the parking lot and saw my beloved 07 on its right side with a minivan positioned nearby.

I walked up, heart in throat, and talked briefly to the minivan driver, who'd backed into the ST and tapped it, knocking it onto its side.

I calmly backed up on the right side, grabbed the (ahem ;)) grabrail and right grip, and backed it up before setting it on its sidestand.

Only damage: a scuff on the tipover cover, which also came off when I put the rubber side of the bike back underneath the rest of it. I think the bolt that holds it in place came off and went somewhere too.

The minivan guy was terribly apologetic.

Bike ran fine on the way home and I'm in shock that the sidecase wasn't scuffed even a little. So much for that custom paint job I'd been dreaming of...

Soooo, maybe Mellow can create an entry for those of us who haven't dropped the bike (yet - knock wood), but who have picked it up? :D

Andy
Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Pleased to hear that there was little or no damage and well done for picking it up on your own. Good to practice the procedure, I guess :confused: :)

Make sure you give the beaST a good looking over and note any minor damage (mirror covers, lever ends, footbrake pedal, exhaust etc.) just in case.

Drops = 0, Pickups = 1 :)

Cheers,
Allan

Yup, I did it twice when learning to ride but thanks to the wings and the BygDawg tip over bars, no damage. Alright well maybe my ego. And, yes you can have custom paint. When I had most of my bike repainted I bought an extra set of wings and had them re-painted as well, just in the event it goes over again. The extra set of painted wings is insurance that it will never happen again.:D

Attachments

Top Bottom