'nother Beemer rear end bites the dust

Bike
2004 st1300
I didn't know whether to put this is the BMW or Goldwing forum, but...........
The guy that does all my IT work at the office is a daily rider in all kinds of weather-probably racks up 20,000 miles/year on a average. He has a k1200lt, Honda Magna 65, and some kinda of Kaw cruiser. His brother was coming down from Canada for a visit and they wanted to do a road trip. He asked if he could borrow my Goldwing and and he would let his brother ride his Beemer. No problem, he had a first year GL1500 and still rues the day he sold it. I explained the rules, if you crash it, you pay the deductible on the insurance, get traveler's insurance on you and your wife, return it exactly as you found it.

Trip was going great, till they were on their was home from NorCal-Beemer ate the final drive in Santa Barbara. He sent his brother home on the train, got home had to borrow a neighbor's P/U 'cuz u-Haul won't rent to be towed with a Ford Explorer (he has a Sport-Trak) 'cuz of the early history of roll-over issues, drive back to SB late last night to get the Beemer.

Needless to say, he's in the market for another Goldwing:TiWing1: Anybody looking for an LT?

We're headed out on a long ride today, the wing's not back yet, so the ST gets the duty call.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Maggie doesn't ride a LT though... the LT is notorious for having FD problems, having problems period. It seems we are starting to see some issues with ST rearends now, as posted in our Tech Forum. No bike out there is perfect, no matter how much you want it to be.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Rob,

Are you suggesting that there are not enough perfect rearends... or that you don't see as many as you'd like to see?

Top Bottom