Oil Filter Video

Bike
2005 st1300
Came across this video and thought it was pretty good at explaining the important factors in oil filters and how 4 of them stack up. I have to say I am surprised at the FRAM filter. It did pretty good. Fram has got a bad rap over the years and I, for one will admit that I struggle to accept that FRAM is even a viable option, just from the negative image it built itself. I have seen little tidbits of positive info on FRAM over the past couple of years, although it seems that it has mostly been about their top filter and this video seems to reinforce this. Some may be surprised at the K&N results... I was

Bike
2010 ST1300
Very interesting. All these premium or top of the mfr's line filters have metal construction and avoid the cardboard ends that might self destruct under real engine operating conditions. I have a gut feeling that the quoted prices were low for what I've seen at local stores. I say that because I've not checked prices recently but remembered a number of extended mileage filters going for $15 and up.

Only flaw in the ointment as far as I'm concerned is the lack of depth of this test - they did not test a lot of other filter brands or even the mid and low end filters by those tested mfrs.

Only flaw in the ointment as far as I'm concerned is the lack of depth of this test - they did not test a lot of other filter brands or even the mid and low end filters by those tested mfrs.
Agreed.

So, this YouTube channel started two years ago and has amassed four videos ... this one, one about electrical tape, one about masking tape, and fourth for stud finder.

I buy 3M tapes, so not motivated to watch comparison video about tapes ... I use a Zircon stud finder (the type that looks for nails behind sheetrock) that's highly rated (user community and Bob Villa), so I'm set there :thumb:

OP
OP
Bmacleod
Bike
2005 st1300
Yes, he asks for suggestions in the comments for other people's preferences to test so maybe he'll do more, although as @core-aggie pointed out, it doesn't seem to be a big priority for him. He does a very thorough and informative job at it though and he has a good setup for testing

Top Bottom