Ok here we go!

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
As a long time Metzeler fan I put a Lasertec front on my 1100 when I had it a few years ago. That was the worst tyre I've used in many a year, and just felt awful from the get go, heavy steering, liked to follow any lines in the road, felt precarious tipping in and wore out quickly, and I was not sorry to see it go. A set of new Bridgestones was a revelation and the bike felt like it had lost 100kg and wanted to go and play in the corners again. The Bridgestone T31 or 32 would be my suggestion, even the BT23s are very decent and probably cheaper.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I'm on second set of Avons, First was Storm, second is Spirit, both sets wear well, great turn in, awesome handling, confident in wet stuff, stay true. Double compound tread works well. Battlax didn't go more than 8k.
Thanks! Im on battleaxes and am happy with them, but im still trying the avons next

OP
OP
PmodelinUS

PmodelinUS

Site Supporter
Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
2024 Miles
Well thanks everyone as usual for your imput. At this point I think im going to give the bridgestones a shot which is saying something since when I started riding back in the 80's you avoided Brigdestones. LOL. I will keep the Avon's in mind as it would seem I'll be switching tires at least once a year. I'll send picks of my sexy new tread once they are on next month, unless someone near the IL/Wi boarder wants to help change them sooner. LOL.

As a long time Metzeler fan I put a Lasertec front on my 1100 when I had it a few years ago. That was the worst tyre I've used in many a year, and just felt awful from the get go, heavy steering, liked to follow any lines in the road, felt precarious tipping in and wore out quickly, and I was not sorry to see it go. A set of new Bridgestones was a revelation and the bike felt like it had lost 100kg and wanted to go and play in the corners again. The Bridgestone T31 or 32 would be my suggestion, even the BT23s are very decent and probably cheaper.
Yeah I had used Metzlers for years and loved them, but the Laser Dreck are horrid. Does not inspire confidence with it's handling.

Top Bottom