'04 ST1300
When I purchased my ST1300 it already had the Heli Risers
installed. The center plate with the "Tour Performance Heli" logo has
two button head screws in addition to the cap headed ones that
attach to the plate bar adapter. They are obviously threaded, and
currently filled with the mentioned Button head screws. What are
people using these for?

I sent this question to Heli and they said:
"The adapter thats installed on your ST1300 is an older design. The two 6mm screws that you're referring to can be used to install a bracket from Ram Mount, which in turn you can install a GPS or after market electronics. From what I understand Ram Mount (www.ram-mount.com) does still offer this bracket if you're interested. "

I can't find anything on the www.ram-mount.com page. Anyone know if this bracket is still being made? And if so what is the part number. And/or what does it look like?

Thanks
-DR

Bike
'07 BMW K1200GT
STOC #
I'm not much help, but I have the same Heli riser you mention. When I e-mailed Heli Bars they didn't know what I was talking about. So I have the same question you have - how to use these two inner holes with the screws.

Cheers,

Bike
'07 BMW K1200GT
STOC #
Thanks!

Good thought, Jim.

But I don't think the hole pattern fits.

Thanks for the suggestion tho!

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
No that hole pattern doesn't work. I ended up modifying mine to make it work on that spot but just temporarily until I found a better solution.

aerotech, is the other thread I posted in a follow up to this one?

Curt

Bike
'07 BMW K1200GT
STOC #
No that hole pattern doesn't work. I ended up modifying mine to make it work on that spot but just temporarily until I found a better solution.

aerotech, is the other thread I posted in a follow up to this one?

Curt
Yes, Curt. Both my posts are related to this issue.

Thanks for your help!

Bike
'07 BMW K1200GT
STOC #
Hey guys, I think the puzzle is solved - at least in part.

First, here's the tech scoop on the holes and screws I got from Jaime at Heli Bars:

"I just had one of the guys out in the shop measure the distance between the two holes - it's 1 5/16".

The bolt would need to be M6x1 pitch, the length of the bolt would be 16mm (from the top to the bottom of the thread). If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know. Thanks again!!"

So thanks Jaime.

Second, I found a 1" Ram ball component that screws onto an M6 threaded post I made by cutting off the head of an M6 bolt (thanks to a great tip I got in this forum, different thread). By the way, I only found that Ram ball at CycleGadgets.com. It doesn't show up on any other web sites I checked, even the helibars.com web site.

So now I have my new TomTom Rider mounted on my Heli riser, with Ram parts. Seems to work great!

Good luck!

Bike
'07 BMW K1200GT
STOC #
Ummmm... picture? Why do you tease us so?

Curt
Hi Curt,

Sorry... I'll get to work on that!

PS, I gave you full credit on the other thread :)

Here's the best I can do for now. CycleGadgets calls the socket mount RAM-SOCK6M

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom