orange tpms front tire sensor not working?

Bike
98 st1100
STOC #
Hi all, 3 months ago I had the orange tpms kit installed. At first I noticed the front reading always taking longer to register. As time went by it would sometimes nevere register during my 20m trip to and from work. Now if I take a weekend trip it only registers a reading 25% of the time..and then sends a e2 code. It does it with or without the gps,cell, or ezpass connected or carried with. Has anyone else had any problems with the orange tpms? Thx and safe travels!

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
I thought I read something in another thread that the company went out of business and a lot of the units stopped working. Check the forum, I am sure you will find something about it.

sent from my Droid phone

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I thought I read something in another thread that the company went out of business and a lot of the units stopped working.
Umm.. no, I believe the word is that the US distributor went out of business, not the company that manufacturers it.

As far as I know from reading here only one unit has quite working, one of the group vendors personal units.

For the OP, sounds like maybe just the battery is getting low on the front sensor. But I hate to hazard a guess cause it means you are paying someone to umnount your tire and swap the stinking little watch battery out. But to be hnest, not sure how much more troubleshooting you can do. Re-registering the sensor probably with the display half wont do much since the unit is reading it just not as often as it should.

The main company is still in operation. If it is under warranty you can contact them.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hi all, 3 months ago I had the orange tpms kit installed. At first I noticed the front reading always taking longer to register. As time went by it would sometimes nevere register during my 20m trip to and from work. Now if I take a weekend trip it only registers a reading 25% of the time..and then sends a e2 code. It does it with or without the gps,cell, or ezpass connected or carried with. Has anyone else had any problems with the orange tpms? Thx and safe travels!
At one point I was getting this and they sent me 2 new sensors.

Since then, my main unit stopped working but I think the sensors are still okay. If you want, PM me your address and I'll send you one of the extra ones I have. You'll have to follow the procedures to add a new sensor but hopefully that will help.

I haven't gotten anywhere on replacements.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
One trouble shooting step would be too try and reverse your sensors. Not physically, just their registration.

Make the main unit think the back tire sensor is reading on the front and the front reading on the back. At least that might eliminate the main unit as being on the out.

Top Bottom