Ordering brake parts problem

STOC #
Need a little wisdom of the list here (WOTL)...

I stripped the captured nut on the top left front brake caliper.. No biggie, I'll just order a new one and replace it... that's the problem... I order the part from Zanotti's in PA. Good service and good prices.. Wait about a week and when I get the part the ONE thing missing in the bag of parts (45630-MBG-026, JOINT SET BRAKE) is the U shaped gizmo with the capture nut. It looks to me like someone opened the bag and took out the gizmo with the capture nut and resealed the bag..
So I send it back and they reorder the part... Two weeks and I get the second bag of parts and I swear it's the SAME BAG OF PARTS!! No capture nut gizmo..
I call and they say I should send it back and they will credit me for the part.
I go to my local Honda MegaMart and order the part.. Ironically the price is less than Zanotti's.. Wait a week and a half and ..................

Yup, you guessed it...... SAME BAG OF PARTS!! with no capture nut gizmo..
Assistant parts guy say's he called honda they have the part now and will send it out... Wait two weeks...

Yup, you guessed it...... SAME BAG OF PARTS!! with no capture nut gizmo..
Now I know it's the right part in the bag of parts cause I talked with Chris in La and he had the same problem and replace it with the same part number and the part I need was in the bag of parts he ordered.

This is kinda driving me nuts... What recourse do I have?? Anybody have Customer Service for Honda motorcycles in California??

I'm at the point where I'm just gonna take it to a machine shop and have them replace the nut and be done with it...

Brakeless in Hollyweird...

mitch

Attachments

• JointSetBrake.jpg
    JointSetBrake.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 43
My first thought is to grind off the offending stripped nut, and install a locknut. This should get you back out riding while you wait for the correct part.

If you think you're getting the same pilfered bag, why not hold on to it, order another bag, and when the second bag arrives return the first bag.

If you think you're getting the same pilfered bag, why not hold on to it, order another bag, and when the second bag arrives return the first bag.[/QUOTE]

Wow, good idea!!! I never thought of it...Tnx..

mitch

Back
Top Bottom