pain between my shoulder blades

OP
OP
cpugiu
Bike
ST
Well I got the Helibar on order and will see when it gets here if I need it or not. Thank you all for your input. I put 200 miles on my bike today working on posture and it hurt alittle less but the pain is still there. I went on and ordered it also for the RAM ball that comes with it and i want to put a GPS there so it takes care of 2 issues.

Thanks again,
Tom

Last edited:
This is really interesting. I have had this problem for years but never did with my V65 Magna of old. That's why I'm selling the big twin and going ST. When I turn to the left after riding the big twin, a sharp pain is in my left shoulder blade. With the ST and risers, it's gone.

Does anyone know of a good, light, full coverage helmet that will not add weight and is good with electronics for Garmin, etc?

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I prefer to change positions every so often on the bike rather than stay in one place. With the risers (Helibar or MCL), the rider has the option to sit straight up for a while, or bend his/her arms more and lean forward. You can also sit more rearward on the seat and lean forward. I think risers just increase the options.

I don't think motorcycle (or automobile) manufacturers design a bike for everyone's "proper posture". If sitting upright isn't good, how do you explain the Goldwing?
An ST1300 is a sport touring bike. A Goldwing is a touring bike. The ST by most accounts handles better than the Goldwing. Part of sport riding is reading the feedback from the front wheel and the sport tour position is better for this than a sitting up straight tour position. Shifting the bars up and back compromises the handling ability designed into the ST. If this isn't important then it is a trade-off gladly made for comfort and a good one for that rider.

I never noticed not adding risers hindered my ability to change position as necessary to remain comfortable. My options are just different from yours and when the road turns technical I like my options better.

Does anyone know of a good, light, full coverage helmet that will not add weight and is good with electronics for Garmin, etc?
I don't know what you mean about being good with electronics, but the high end Shoei (X-11) and Arai (Corsair) are great, light, full coverage helmets.

Top Bottom