Pars Canada CTZ14S Battery

STOC #
5yrs ago, the dealer put a new Parts Canada ctz14s (230cca) battery in my 09 ST13 when I bought it from them. Last week was the first time it was slower to crank over. This morning it barely tried to crank over at all and then nothing. Went to the dealer and got the same battery. 5 yrs and 44k klm (haven’t been able to ride much last yr or this) is pretty good to me for a $100 battery. Why pay double for replacement Yuasa for same performance.

Last edited:
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
So far, my $88 AGM battery from Walmart has sat in the bike through three winters, outdoors under a cover, with no charger or maintainer, and started up the bike each spring as if it had been ridden the day before.

Bike
VStrom 650
5yrs ago, the dealer put a new Parts Canada ctz14s (230cca) battery in my 09 ST13 when I bought it from them. Last week was the first time it was slower to crank over. This morning it barely tried to crank over at all and then nothing. Went to the dealer and got the same battery. 5 yrs and 44k klm (haven’t been able to ride much last yr or this) is pretty good to me for a $100 battery. Why pay double for replacement Yusa for same performance.
If you brought your 100 :canflag1: $ to the UK you could buy a Yuasa.
But 5 years per $100 doesn't sound bad at all.
Upt'North.

Top Bottom