Phone mount Question

Bike
2010 ST1300
You should be aware that wireless charging is less efficient (if more convenient) than wired charging. (I assume you know that the base has to be wired to the bike.) For desktop charging, the chargers come in different watt ratings - presumably a higher wattage base will charge your phone faster. This is up to a point since it also depends on the rate at which your phone will accept the power.

I'd suggest that you do a search on the internet and educate yourself about wireless charging options for your particular phone. The thickness and material of your phone case (aftermarket, if you use one) will also affect the charging rate. The case must be made of plastic (not usually a problem because most are) and you may not have a piece of metal such as a mounting lock on the back of the case.

Yes you can. As long as it isn't too thick or has a metal plate blocking the conduction circuit

tonythecarguy

err... motorcycleguy
Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Can you wireless charge thru a phone case?
The further away the two inductive loops are from each other the less power that can be transferred. A case will increase charging times. The thicker the case the slower the charge.
In general most Wireless (QI) chargers will charge a phone with a case on it.

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
I have this iMestou like the OP linked to except WITH wireless fast charging. Make sure you get the option of RAM mount if that's what you want.
I've had 3 months and love it. Same one a rental company I used swear by for all their bikes.
One note is the little silicone cover over the switch to send power to the wireless or USB port fails quickly, so I don't know what rain will do if it gets exposed. Mine is on the left handlebar, so pretty protected from direct rain exposure. "Normal" thickness phone case and no issues charging.

PXL_20220630_173444456.jpg

tonythecarguy

err... motorcycleguy
Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I think it's weak point is the ball socket on the back. Plastic tabs tightened by a plastic nut. There is a metal insert inside with metal threads, perhaps a more robust mount could be cobbled up that would engage the insert better. Photos on amazon show what I'm talking about. I'm only trusting it with my old phone till I get some more miles on it.

Top Bottom