phone mounting

Bike
ST 1100 s
so in the pic ive got a sucker mount for my phone but is there anyway of mounting one of those fancy swivel holders ive seen on other pans , do i have to use some self tappers or what ill try anything within reason but cant see anywhere to mount ??
thamks guys

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST1300
I don't understand what you mean by 'fancy swivel mounts'. Are you talking about RAM ball mounts? If so they make a couple of different shaped flat pads that can screw/bolt to the back of other mounts with a RAM ball growing out of the back of the pad. You use one of their female clamps (assuming the ball is considered a male) and one of the many RAM stationary mounts (handlebar, etc.). BTW, they make two length female clamps, a short one and a longer one.

If your gooseneck suction cup ends in a ball, you might be able to use the ram female clamp on that, but murphy is making sure right now your mounting ball is the wrong size.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
is there anyway of mounting one of those fancy swivel holders ive seen on other pans
Start here at rammount.com for a lot of solution to attaching a mount to the bike and to a phone or cradle with a 1" ball mount. There are handlebar mounts and clutch/brake reservoir mounts which many have used.

Bike
2007 ST1300
I have this mount which I can attest is the strongest phone mount I have ever seen. I recently took 2 week trip to west virginial and got on some bumpy back roads. The phone never budged. I also have the ram mount one which I don't care for much because of set up -- you need a ball mount , arm and X-mount and a tether strap-to do the same thing this does.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I use a Quad Lock most secure mount I have found I couldn't upload a link for you I am at work and they won't allow it.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I know the RAM X-Grip is really popular among cyclists. I asked for and got one for Christmas. I never liked it. It was too fidgety to load the phone which at the time was a Samsung Galaxy S7. It takes two hands to load the phone. Then there's that With that phone there was a ridiculously small window where the arms didn't interfere with the buttons on the side foe power and volume control. Then one day I saw a co-worker arrive with the RAM Quick Grip phone holder.

RAM Mount Quick Grip Phone Holder

One-handed loading. Adjustable to perfectly fit your phone. Incredibly secure; I believe nothing short of a crash could dislodge the phone. And IMO way more secure than the X-Grip.

I got the original size for my S7 in a Spigen Tough Armor case. When I upgraded to an S10 with the same case I needed to also upgrade to their updated XL design.

I wouldn't have anything else.

Tom

(Here's a link to the Quad Lock site that SteveST1300 couldn't embed)

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
so in the pic ive got a sucker mount for my phone but is there anyway of mounting one of those fancy swivel holders ive seen on other pans , do i have to use some self tappers or what ill try anything within reason but cant see anywhere to mount ??
thamks guys
I have Tack Form mounts that will work great on your Pan. check my website motorcycledave.com

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
I have the Tack Form Mounts to fit your ST, unlike most of the others it is not plastic
all machined aluminum, only need 1 hand to put your phone in it AND it will not push
the buttons on the side of your iPhone

Attachments

Top Bottom