Pirelli Tires rebates

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Pirelli was having a spring promotion of their tires, $60 rebate for the purchase of 2.

So on April 25th I bought 2 Angel GT's for my NC 750X and submitted the required proof of purchase.

On May 17th I sent an email to Pirelli wondering what was taking so long for approval of my rebate. Not for receiving my rebate, just for an approval.

They answered my email with a promise of a decision in 2 weeks.

This evening a month after their email, I again sent them an email asking what is taking so long.

You'd think it would take maybe 10 seconds to look at a photo of a receipt and say Yes, he ordered 2 Angel GT's send his $60 rebate (a prepaid Visa card btw) but as of tonight their decision is still "Pending"

Anyone else dealing with this?

• Sad
Reactions: Obo

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
@the Ferret, @Raia, Pirelli is an Italian manufacturing company. They make great tires. Do you expect them to be efficient, too?
Companies need to be efficient to stay in business.
Yes, I do expect a company to be efficient, or I will efficiently shop elsewhere. :)
I agree with @the Ferret, what's so difficult about looking at a photo and sending the rebate?
Maybe they only have a limited amount of "rebate money"? :)
My employer deals with an Italian company and their lifestyle is no hurry, no worry, no problem. Nice people. Maybe that's how we should all be?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Companies need to be efficient to stay in business.
Yes, I do expect a company to be efficient, or I will efficiently shop elsewhere.
In fact, I do exactly that - I avoid rebates. Having gone through the process with, I think oil or oil filters, waiting two months, and never hearing back and/or getting a coupon good for more of the same brand of item (with an expiration date!) if my shopping target of choice has a rebate...I buy the competitors product.

I tend to lump air miles, green stamps, coupons and rebates in the same trash can. They are not so subliminal devices to make you buy more of a given product. Yes, you can save significant money buying what is on sale (for me, that is different than the coupon game), but playing with monopoly money went out years ago.

Unfortunately, with mc tires, we often don't have the luxury of choosing from several different brands because of stock issues for a needed size.

Last edited:
Bike
R1200rt
Pirelli was having a spring promotion of their tires, $60 rebate for the purchase of 2.

So on April 25th I bought 2 Angel GT's for my NC 750X and submitted the required proof of purchase.

On May 17th I sent an email to Pirelli wondering what was taking so long for approval of my rebate. Not for receiving my rebate, just for an approval.

They answered my email with a promise of a decision in 2 weeks.

This evening a month after their email, I again sent them an email asking what is taking so long.

You'd think it would take maybe 10 seconds to look at a photo of a receipt and say Yes, he ordered 2 Angel GT's send his $60 rebate (a prepaid Visa card btw) but as of tonight their decision is still "Pending"

Anyone else dealing with this?
8 to 10 week for the rebate as stated by Perrelli . most rebates take awhile. My m/c tire rebates took a long time. They verify purchase with the dealer and credit card company. There is a lot of fraud out there.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
8 to 10 week for the rebate as stated by Perrelli . most rebates take awhile. My m/c tire rebates took a long time. They verify purchase with the dealer and credit card company. There is a lot of fraud out there.
8-10 weeks IS a lot of time for them to have MY money!!!! Especially when banks/credit card companies process a helluva lot more paperwork than a motorcycle tire rebate produces.
Especially when we have so much connectivity by computers.
Especially since it's an interest free loan to Pirelli!!!!
And......if it causes sooo much fraud.....must be only one reason they do it.
$$$$$$

Bike
R1200rt
8-10 weeks IS a lot of time for them to have MY money!!!! Especially when banks/credit card companies process a helluva lot more paperwork than a motorcycle tire rebate produces.
Especially when we have so much connectivity by computers.
Especially since it's an interest free loan to Pirelli!!!!
And......if it causes sooo much fraud.....must be only one reason they do it.
$$$$$$
Whats the interest rate for $30 @ 10 weeks... yea they're making a mint:rofl1: oh wait... don't they pay some one to do it, the fourms don't magically appear...so yea they're making bank on that $30.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I’ve gotten the last two Visa card rebates from Michelin pretty quick. Was two years and one year ago so memories dimmed somewhat but I do remember how long Bridgestone rebates took before that.

Top Bottom