Boots Places to try on boots

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
I'm pretty picky about footwear, so I'd like to try some boots on. Are there any places to get a wider selection than typical motorcycle dealers?

I suppose I'm also a bit picky. #1- must be motorcycle specific boots for the armor. #2- must be waterproof.
Some mc dealers have more apparel stock than others. We have a Kaw/Suzuki dealer here that stocks a lot of gear so I usually go there to try on before I buy online. Sometimes I do buy from them since they will match online prices. I also bought my ST from them so I really don't feel bad about just trying on a few things that I don't buy there. Don't know of any other kind of store that would carry mc boots.

I, too, am particular about footwear as my feet are as skinny as the rest of me. That said, I bought my boots from (then) NewEnough, now www.motorcyclegear.com. I talked to one of their live human beings and after some Q&A was guided to Oxtars that had two velcro flaps that allow for adjusting the width across the foot and around the calves. Talked about how that brand's sizing (European) translated to my USA feet and selected a size that fit well. Their return policy is good and they have many more choices than the motorcycle dealers in my part of the world.

I, too, am particular about footwear as my feet are as skinny as the rest of me. That said, I bought my boots from (then) NewEnough, now www.motorcyclegear.com. I talked to one of their live human beings and after some Q&A was guided to Oxtars that had two velcro flaps that allow for adjusting the width across the foot and around the calves. Talked about how that brand's sizing (European) translated to my USA feet and selected a size that fit well. Their return policy is good and they have many more choices than the motorcycle dealers in my part of the world.

What Bones said!! They are the best!! I think I'll ride over there today and try on a new Neotech.

Hey Corey, welcome to the forum! Keep an eye on the GA forum for rides and get-togethers.

Locally I have shopped for boots at WOW, BMW Atlanta and She Rides. In the end I ended up buying at WOW. And +1 for what Bones and ST-traveler said about NewEnough and Revzilla. Both are excellent sites with more variety and sometimes cheaper, but you always have to factor in the shipping cost and potential return/re-ship time.

Look forward to eventually meeting you!
Skip

Back
Top Bottom