Plug-up kit for ST1300 brakes?

Bike
ST1300
Hello all,

considering the fact that we have hundres of posts regarding rear break dragging and other kinds of problems (mainly associated with linked breaks) I was wondering whether anyone has seen a plug up kit fot he ST? Or has it been discussed on the forum here?

I know there is a plug up kit for a VFR linked break system. I just fancy a regular break system with braided break lines front and back. Not linked. I appreciate your help!

M.

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
Re: Plug-up kit for ST1300 breaks

haven't seen a kit for the ST yet... and the brakes do break now and then! :)

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
While there are some problems with linked brakes also note that this forum logs millions of owner-miles each year largely without problems with linked brakes. A bit of perspective but to each his own.

STU

Linked on my blackbird was fine....but I've really lost it now with the ST1300 brakes. I would love to scrap mine and have normal calipers with braided hoses.
Is it possible? I guess the left front caliper is difficult to change?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Linked on my blackbird was fine....but I've really lost it now with the ST1300 brakes. I would love to scrap mine and have normal calipers with braided hoses.
Is it possible? I guess the left front caliper is difficult to change?
There's always a way.. just don't know of anyone that has found that way.

I like the brake setup, it may not be the best design on the planet but I feel it works well. I would have liked to remove the smc just for simplicity sake. On my Yamaha the rear isn't linked to the front only the front is linked to the rear which makes the whole system more simple but not as effective if you hit the rear first.

Bike
'10 ST1300
STOC #
When my rear brakes were dragging, and I thought it was related to the SMC not relaxing, I was seriously considering adding some sort of stopper to the piston rod, that would prevent the SMC from moving forward when the front brakes are applied. Never got around to it though. A new SMC has resolved my rear dragging problems for now.

Top Bottom