Possible new Honda's- GB1100 and NT1100

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
If you're nostalgic for 1975 then its probably going to interest you, otherwise, meh.

Personally, I find unfaired bikes very impractical with freeway traffic moving at 80mph, the wind pressure isn't comfortable. They worked well back in the 55mph era, not so well in the 80mph era.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Doesn't do anything for me. Maybe because I didn't ride back then. Doesn't look bad just doesn't look good. Probably look at it if I walked by but probably wouldn't stop.

Walleye

Site Supporter
Bike
99 ST 1100
If you're nostalgic for 1975 then its probably going to interest you, otherwise, meh.

Personally, I find unfaired bikes very impractical with freeway traffic moving at 80mph, the wind pressure isn't comfortable. They worked well back in the 55mph era, not so well in the 80mph era.
Its just screamin for a big Windjammer eh.

Bike
1998 ST 1100
Years ago I was at a swap meet at the Willow Springs race track in SoCal and there was a can of rusty bolts for sale for 5 bucks. Right next to it was a Windjammer fairing. Free.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I LOVE it! The classic UJM! Put a little bikini fairing on it and maybe some soft luggage. Windjammers need not apply. No idea if this will reach our shores. Seat height looks to be much lower than a traditional Honda spec of 30-ish in.

Nits: still not enough color (give me matching side cover bits) and it's chain drive. That last one is a problem for me. I DON'T CARE that modern chains can go longer without adjustments. They aren't shaft drives. Not beautiful like my V65 Sabre.

That said it would be a great around town errand runner then throw some saddlebags on it and go for a day/weekend/week run. Still has a chain though.

I'd rather have seen a high-res pic posted by the guy than making a video with the Ken Burns effect. I'm Burns out on that.

IIH – if Honda brought back the V65 Sabre and left it just like my '85 I'd dump the ST in a heartbeat and get one.

ChriSTian_64

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
When Honda sees that a competitor have a good success with a given model, and that they have no model to compete with it and that they could loose sales due to that, they try to come up with a better, more appealing product, that look like the competitor's success product. They have to have an alternative product, so that they could recuperate some of those buyers that they were loosing.

Only a few years ago, in a time when a new motorcycle could cost as much as a new car, Royal Endield came up with a brilliant idea : back to affordable, trustable simplicity. Sometimes, less is better.

With the success that Royal Enfield have, since they started offering dirt cheap, very simple, 1970 style motorcycle, it was only a matter of time before the big brands come up with a counter attack.

So, if Honda want to offer a lot of motorcycle for little money, they will put an excellent engine they already have in a naked frame.

Last edited:
Bike
Vstrom 650
That 1100cc Africa Twin engine is great, we should see the new NT1100 at Eicma, think it's going to be chain drive though far as I can tell, hope I'm wrong, I hate chains.

Top Bottom