&^%$$#^ Potholes

doghouse

ATGATT Saved My Life
Bike
2003 ST1300
Is it a tip-over when you're doing parking lot speeds?

Looks like I'll be ordering a tip over wing cover... There's a nice chunk missing from mine.

It was raining HARD for most of the day. In the Willamette Valley if you don't ride in the rain your riding season is severely limited. I have waterproof gear for a reason.

Went through a large puddle in the middle of the road. Because of the puddle and the fact that the road is a 25 I was moving slowly. Next thing I know the bike's on it's side. Because of the water I was unable to look closely at the pothole/ depression/whatever it was - it did seem to go for a ways. I'll go back tomorrow and check it out.

A VERY pretty cager asked if I was alright. I replied I was fine, just embarrassed. She said something about there being no reason to be embarrassed and it being "the city's fault". Bullcrap I say; it's my fault - I could have went around the puddle but chose not to (not sure why).

Bike lifted easily (it's technique). Tip over sensor did it's job - luckily I remembered the advice given here and turned the key off and back on - bike started up immediately.

On a side note: local dealer wants $45 for a wing cover. I laughed and replied I'd order online.

RP3

Bike
2001 ST 1100
STOC #
my bike had a damaged tipover cover when I bought it and I just took both of them off -I'm planning on putting highway pegs on anyway

Top Bottom