Power surges at cruise

Bike
95 ST1100
I get power surges (no noticeable change in RPM) when running at a constant speed. It is most noticeable when under 4000 RPM but still has it when above. I recently had to remove the carbs to clean them out from an extended garage stay. I think I have one isolator that might be leaking a little bit. I get the occasional pop sound when the bike is first started. The surge tends to get less noticeable after the bike has warmed up. It is hard to say since I have also noticed the bike does not get up to operating temp. (New thermostat is going to be installed) .
Other than the surge the bike seems to be running pretty good. Nice acceleration, no popping on decel, and overall smooth.
I am wondering if the surge could be caused by a leaking isolator letting too much air in and effectively making one cylinder not producing power consistently.
I plan on changing out the isolators I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there is something else that I should be looking at so I don't have to take it apart a third time.

Thanks
Tony

OP
OP
Bike
95 ST1100
Well it took awhile to get around to it but I replaced the carb boots (yes there were at least two that were leaking pretty bad) and now the bike runs like it did when I first got it. Got new rubber on it too so a riding weekend is now prescribed.

Top Bottom