Power To Migsel Shelf

Bike
ST1300
Hi Guys,

tomorrow I am fitting my TomTom Rider and my new migsel Ram shelf to my 1300, Could someone recomend a suitable routing for the power cable? I plan to tap into a relay I fitted under the seat.

Thanks,

Rob.

Bike
'07 ST1300
I ran mine along the tank, into the fairing, on up between the dash and headlight, and up along the instrument cluster, out the joint at the top of the dash, there are some small gaps there for one or two wires, but my dash shelf has three light switches, power wires for XM, fuzzbuster, gps, stereo remote, plus antennae wire for xm, so I cut and widened out those gaps to allow the numerous wires to fit better.......

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I wired my Garmin off the Quartet harness behind the dash, and ran the wire out where the two parts of the dash (the instrument panel and the black plastic under the windscreen) come together. I cut out part of the plastic on the black panel where it fits underneath the top lip of the instrument panel, and when they're assembled you can't see the cut out at all.

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300
Thanks to you all,

I decided to use a combination of your ideas, ran from my relay under the seat, under the tank and up through the nose fairing, Exiting through the little vent on the main panel. This enables me to tuck it back in there when the sat nav is not in use as the TomTom plug is too large to fall back into the hole.

Nice and clean, still needs a little velcro to tidy the wire up and a rubber to cover the plug when unused, Thanks again!

Top Bottom