PR 2's

Bike
THE XX BIRD
STOC #
Just finished putting my wheels back on. Had new PR 2's put on them.
The stock Dunflops were at their end with 7,800 miles on them. There were some scary moments a couple of weeks ago during the "RAIN-STOC" ride some of us rode, in the Catskills that Sunday.

Will have a report on them by weeks end. Then up to Lake George for a few days, starting next Monday 6/2.

STOC #
I just put new storms on about 2 weeks ago... I was down between those and the PR2's. I will keep up with how you like them and how they last for my next round tires. :)

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
There were some slick spots on that ride, I kept wondering how that Dunlop was doing for you.

I've spooned the new Dunlop Roadsmart on the SV, but I'm really thinking the PR2 may become my tire new of choice. I'll be watching closely to see what you two think of them.

Chris you may get to try them in the wet Sat. :D

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I guess so the sun was out when I got back to NJ. That was some day! And Carl I think we only did a couple of U-Turns;)

ST Dan

2 summers 50k+ miles 48 states
Bike
14 NC700X
STOC #
I'd be interested to hear what you think about them, I'll probably try them next...tried 220's, 021's, 020's, on storms now....

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
New STorms just arrived for the STeed, along with FT/RR wheel bearings, swing arm bearings, tapered steering bearings, "Ride-On" and rear brake pads....WHEW!

Hopefully, the dreaded head shake will be exorcised....

OP
OP
STNY
Bike
THE XX BIRD
STOC #
There were some slick spots on that ride, I kept wondering how that Dunlop was doing for you.
Carl, I mentioned it too you when we all met in Jeffersonville, and then again when we topped off for fuel later on, that the rear was getting loose in some of the turns, and I was fighting the front also in some of the high speed sweeps. Thats why I stayed toward the rear of the group.

OP
OP
STNY
Bike
THE XX BIRD
STOC #
So I scrubbed them up a little today (65 miles) and noticed a huge difference, which I expected seeing that the old tires were shot.

They felt a lot smoother, absolutely more responsive in the turns and you could feel them digging in holding the line I was aiming for, (that would have been nice in the rain).

I could not get to aggressive being that they are still a bit new but was pleased with the early response they were giving me.

I will push them a little harder tomorrow and report back.

So far I am pleased.

OP
OP
STNY
Bike
THE XX BIRD
STOC #
Ok, put them to the test today and was very agressive with them, and all I can say is that they are the real deal.

Ran them at high speed felt very smooth, leaned into both sides with some long winding sweepers, strong grip held my lines and again I could feel them digging in. Very precise and responsive in the turns at all speeds. They braked well and are quiet, and I could not find anything negative about them.

I am sold on them, to me the price was right ($293.00 shipped) and I am very comfortable riding on them.

Tom

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
Just got back from NeSTOC on the PR2's and they performed flawlessly in the wet and dry. Noticed a slight howl at around 55-60 mph but not bothersom.
What did concern me was the the amount of wear on the sides after only 850miles although it was two-up fully loaded for the most part. I love these tires and hopefully they will last at least as long as the 021's.

Top Bottom