PR2 Availability

Just returned from a 4900 mile trip, the front PR2 failed with a center bulge. Despite this, I am looking for a new front PR2. Anybody know of a vendor that has them in stock? I have searched on-line and called the local dealers, and can't seem to locate one.

Mike

This is the first PR2 I've heard of that failed with a bulge. Not good. I switched from a Roadsmart to a PR2 because of the Roadsmart failures that have been posted here.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
This is the first PR2 I've heard of that failed with a bulge. Not good. I switched from a Roadsmart to a PR2 because of the Roadsmart failures that have been posted here.
I would say every tire has probably had a few failures... the RS tires just seem to be very common compared to the rest.

I'm planning on the PR2s being my next set of tires unless I feel like trying the Shinko Verge tires.

I would never touch another dunlop.

OP
OP
Keep in mind that I rode two up into Chaco Canyon on the trip- 16 miles each way of unbelievably bad washboard. Three of the plastic rivets on the fairing vibrated out on the way out. Some other tough roads, too. The whole trip was two up, maybe 80 pounds of gear, rider and passenger weight of 330. Ride across Colorado and Nebraska was hanging around 85 or better, and I hit some bad pressure ridges in the road. Should it have failed? NO. Was this an exceptionally difficult tour? Yes, for the lower 48. That's why I ordered a second set.

Mike

Top Bottom