pr2 pilot road 2: Wear pictures, anyone?

I know these are new, but does anyone have pictures from a fairly well worn set of PR2's? I was wondering if they end up looking more normal toward end of life than the other dual-compound tires?

OP
OP
Wow, this is a pretty active board, but I'm surprised that in two days only 36 hits on the thread, and no replies/pictures. Are the PR2s so new that no one has any real mileage on them?

I'll be needing new tires this summer, and was considering the new dual-compound ones until photos started showing up with the other brands unusual wear patterns and compound separation.

I've done a lot of searching on the web and none of the enthusiast motorcycle boards I found have members with more than a few hundred miles on their PR2s.

Availability must have been delayed. I thought these tires were available last November?

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I just mounted a set a week and a half ago. I have about 1500 miles on them so its to early to tell you much. Others have been reporting good wear.

Once reason there may not have been very many hits or replies is because there have been about 5-10 threads in the last month on this very subject. Do a search and you will find some info on the PR2's.

PS: I believe the PR2's are also a dual compound.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
I've got 6.5K on mine and so far the tire profile has held up very well on both front and back. At this stage it probably isn't worth taking a picture because they look almost as good as new.

OP
OP
Landon, your link didn't work for me, but as I was asking, while I did search here and elsewhere, and there is talk of riders having good initial impressions, I never did find any that showed pictures of the tires when they needed to be replaced, and how they looked and the mileage they got.

Again, it was really more a comment that it seemed like this tire was too new, because I know how well members here like to help other members with text AND pictures. Its the way we are here :)

OP
OP
I've got 6.5K on mine and so far the tire profile has held up very well on both front and back. At this stage it probably isn't worth taking a picture because they look almost as good as new.
Scooter, that is promising with 6.5K. I'm not an aggressive rider, so I get about 10K+ out of the rears. I've had good luck with Michelin car tires, but no real experience with their motorcycle tires.

I tend to get an odd shape from the rears because (ahem) me and the Mrs. are a bit on the heavy side. I keep the rears at 42psi.

I need tires with the reverse dual compound (high wear stuff on the sidewalls!) :D

Top Bottom