Project Bikes

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
As some of you know my middle son Ben (19) is becoming quite a craftsman. He is building a 1975 Yamaha RD350 cafe racer and is helping a friend build a custom tank, seat, subframe and fairing for a Buell. He builds custom hot shoes for flat track racers all over the world and this supports him while he goes to college. He made the honor roll last semester and is studying business as he wants to open a shop someday. I attached a couple of pictures of the RD350 he is building and his friends Buell. He hand formed all the aluminum and is building an aluminum hand formed tank for the RD. You can see the top of the tank sitting on the bike. He is also forming the seat, side covers and fenders. He recently aquired an English Wheel and is busy learning to use it to form metal. The Buell is really interesting and almost Medievel looking. I have considered myself a pretty good mechanic, machinist and fabricator but I am in awe of this kid. He started building things out of metal when he was 16. He is 19 now and I can't imagine what he may be doing in a couple of years. Pardon my gushing but I thought you guys may like to see his bikes.

Attachments

Top Bottom