Question about Vista Cruise for ST11

Bike
2002 ST1100
Hi,
I read the stickies and it says that ST11 use the 1" universal Vista Cruise. However, when I measured my handlebars, it was 7/8"

Could anyone offer a clarification on this? Or do I need reading lessons?

the st1100 has 7/8ths" ( i belive that's 22.2 mm) as factory supplyed handle bars. is there something unusual about the mounting method you have been reading?

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
The bar itself is 7/8 but the VC fits over the throttle tube hence the need for the 1"
A good trick that was given to me by John Oo was to size the VC before you install. If you have a caliper, measure the throttle tube first, then wrap some sandpaper around a dowel to match that size, CLAMP the VC down in a too large condition and gradually adjust it smaller as you turn the dowel. Thus you take out any out of roundness when the VC is actuated. Stop when you match the tube size , install, and adjust your size one last time.

OP
OP
Bike
2002 ST1100
The bar itself is 7/8 but the VC fits over the throttle tube hence the need for the 1"
Oh I see! I really like the simplicity of the 7/8 kit over the 1 inch kit (which has a lot of parts). I've read in the sticky that folks have managed to modify the 7/8 kit to fit the ST11.

Anyone knows of a picture tutorial or how-to for how I can do this?

Top Bottom