Question for the gear heads-4 into1 exhaust

Bike
VFR800
I understand ceramic coating a set of pipes. Planning on doing the pipes on my VFR with TechLine's ceramic coating.

Thing I can't understand is how Jet-Hot or anyone else can coat the inside of the pipes without dipping them. If you spray inside the pipe you're only going to get a small section near the opening coated and that's it.

Not trying to stir anything up here, just trying to figure out the logic/method behind the claim of coated inside.

Bike
06 ST1300A
STOC #
[
I personally don't like the looks of the triangular muffler on the 1300.[/QUOTE]

It's only the 1100 riders that have this view.:D:D:D

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
I understand ceramic coating a set of pipes. Planning on doing the pipes on my VFR with TechLine's ceramic coating.

Thing I can't understand is how Jet-Hot or anyone else can coat the inside of the pipes without dipping them. If you spray inside the pipe you're only going to get a small section near the opening coated and that's it.

Not trying to stir anything up here, just trying to figure out the logic/method behind the claim of coated inside.
The way I understand it is they have a spray arm that works similar to a pipe snake and as they remove it, it sprays the coating inside. I could be wrong but that was the way I understood it.

Bike
VFR800
The way I understand it is they have a spray arm that works similar to a pipe snake and as they remove it, it sprays the coating inside. I could be wrong but that was the way I understood it.
Playing Devil's Advocate: Tech Line (the coating I'm going to use) is adamant about everything being sandblasted and hospital room antiseptic prior to applying their ceramic coating to get a good quality job that will stay on and work as advertised.

How would Jet Hot sandblast the inside of a set of pipes and then thoroughly clean off the sandblast residue?

Jet Hot is strange stuff. I have seen some sets where the customer cleaned the pipes themselves and did their own sandblasting prior to sending them to JH. The finished pipes look incredible. I have seem other Jet Hot jobs that start rusting up in a matter of months after installation.

Go figure.

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
Playing Devil's Advocate: Tech Line (the coating I'm going to use) is adamant about everything being sandblasted and hospital room antiseptic prior to applying their ceramic coating to get a good quality job that will stay on and work as advertised.

How would Jet Hot sandblast the inside of a set of pipes and then thoroughly clean off the sandblast residue?

Jet Hot is strange stuff. I have seen some sets where the customer cleaned the pipes themselves and did their own sandblasting prior to sending them to JH. The finished pipes look incredible. I have seem other Jet Hot jobs that start rusting up in a matter of months after installation.

Go figure.
That I cant answer for sure, just figured they had a bath or ultrasonic cleaner they used. I have had two sets of chevrolet small block headers done by jet hot out of oklahoma city. Both turned out incredible. The nice thing is that if rust does form, you can use fine steel wool to remove and make them look like new again. The first set I have was done probally 20-25 years ago (can't remember exactly) and they are just now where they could be redone. Still look good, but more an more rust is showing up. I would be willing to bet they have improved alot since then.

Bike
VFR800
Streetrod:

So obviously there is more than one facility that does the coating under the brand name of "Jet Hot"?

Pete

Top Bottom