Question regarding Pair valves

Hey guys I’ve recently acquired a ‘98 ST1100 and I’m slowly going thru the bike freshening everything up. I’ve read the threads about the Pair valves and I’ve determined what pretty much everything is other than these vacuum lines that are shown in the parts fiche(see attached pic). Is this something that maybe my bike doesn’t have? Maybe specific to Cali or ABS models? I just have the standard ST for that year.

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
More likely the PO removed them. Lots of folks did that, as did I when I had one. The feeling is that it doesn't change the performance, is a potential source of some vacuum leaks, and removing the pipes gets rid of a lot of plumbing making it easier to work n the valley.

Bike
ST1100/ST1300
STOC #
The vacuum hoses that you have circled, is the standard hose configuration for the PAIR system. This is for either a 49 State, or an emission bike. If the PAIR valves are there and all the vacuum hoses are missing, then someone was in there previously and removed the vacuum hoses to eliminate the function of the PAIR system (the lazy way of doing it).

If you have an emission bike, you'll see an evaporative purge valve at the back of the carbs, a vent valve up by the thermostat housing and a charcoal canister behind the center stand.

Top Bottom