race tech purchase

Bike
2005 ST1300
Getting ready to buy Racetech front and rear for my 05 ST1300. Any input would be helpful. I have read about 1.2 or 1.1 springs and am kinda confused on that. I weigh 250 and do ride aggressive. I will be buying everything they have.Their website is kinda confusing too. I think i will call to order. But thought i would post and get some feed back. I have read the posts and people seem to be happy with them. I hope so. Next year i am going to do a track day or two.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The RT site recommends a 1.034 kg/mm spring for a 250 lb rider. The numbers describe the spring's spring rate which is the amount of weight in kilograms required to compress the spring 1 mm. RT's closest spring is a 1.0 offering.

5 kilograms loaded on a 1.0 spring will compress it 5 mm.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
They were at the motorcycle show in Minneapolis a week ago. I picked up a flier with a discount . The deal is good until April. There are combo deals like $50 off the combo of gold valve and & spring combo. The code you have to mention is

IMS12

That will give you a minimum of free ground shipping.

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
You'll be very happy with the outcome Mike. I'm 190 lbs, and an aggressive rider too. When I called Race Tech, they were very helpful and optimized the springs front and rear for my weight and riding style. I'm lucky enough to live within a few hours of their Corona office.

I called and told them I wanted everything also. I received a phone call a couple of weeks later, letting me know my shock had been built. I trailered the bike down to Corona, wheeled the bike into the shop, and the staff gave my friends and me a quick tour of the facility. Race Tech even let me leave my trailer in their rear parking lot while the bike was there. When it was completely assembled, I drove the truck back down there and hooked the trailer back up. Even though the technician assured me he'd set the sag for my weight, Michelle made him check it again with me aboard, knowing I was going to trailer the bike 3 hours back home.

You'll really like the difference in the handling of your ST, and the RT staff is top notch--attentive to any questions or concerns.

OP
OP
Bike
2005 ST1300
fork question

I have a MCL riser and wonder if something needs to be trimmed before the caps can be installed. I figure just cut off the corrner???

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Shoot Rob a PM. I am pretty sure he was doing some of the testing with Race Tech and he has the full set up. I know I had coffee with him once a couple years ago and we were talking about the new fork setup that they now have which was way before it was available. I am pretty sure he still has it on his bike and may be able to take a pic to show you what it looks like and if there are any potential issues.

Take a look at this thread. link

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
Re: fork question

I have a MCL riser and wonder if something needs to be trimmed before the caps can be installed. I figure just cut off the corrner???
Great question!! I too have the MCL riser, and the RT adjustable caps fit underneath by a couple of millimeters--no need to trim anything.

OP
OP
Bike
2005 ST1300

Awesome!!!!! One less thing to worry about. Should be ordering the stuff in a coupke of weeks. I have a local ex-pro mechanic to install everything. How long once i order the rear shock will it take to build and ship. I would like to install all at once. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
Bike
2005 ST1300

UPDATE!!! i know this is crazy but!!!! i took the money for the suspension upgrade and bought a track day cbr 600. Whoo Hoo!! i guess the ST will have to wait. Got lots more to learn know. Thanks for the replies Michael

Top Bottom