Gloves Rain Gloves

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Hi All,

I've been searching for a nice pair of rain gloves that are at least insulated a little bit. I found a pair of "Men's Minimalist Gloves" at REI yesterday that seem very nice. They are windproof and water resistant but 90% of the time that's all I need. They have a breathable lining and a sticky thin rubber inlay for grip with little padding which is nice since I have small hands. I'll have to wait for spring rain to give them a good go but they look pretty good and have a velcro gaunlet. They are very flexible and lightweight yet provide protection and a little insulation because rain is always cold.

Has anyone else used these gloves? I've looked quite a while before finding something that would work for me so I hope these do the trick.

Does anyone have other suggestions? Please provide a link if you can.

Curt

Here's a link to it:
REI Men's Minimalist Glove

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I'll be forever skeptical of gloves with water proof linings. I bought a pair of "water proof" Joe Rocket gloves before going to Nova Scotia last year. It was raining when I left Massachusetts, so I wore them. My hands were damp when I reached New Hampshire, and I could wring out the gloves before I made the ferry in Maine. Useless in the rain.

The rest of my trip, in which 5 days of 10 there was rain, I wore my summer weight gloves with thin plastic glove liners (meant to protect your hands when dyeing your hair!) that I bought at a hardware store in Nova Scotia. Not the best solution, but it addressed the issue a great distance from home. My hands stayed dry in the rain, and when it wasn't raining, the wet summer gloves dried rather quickly.

Since then, for three bucks, I got a pair of rubber over gloves from Aerostich (www.aerostich.com, item number 436). They're sized to fit over your regular gloves, they're nice and grippy when wet, and they're REALLY water proof. The come in a tiny ziplock that you can stash anywhere.

dannyk

SISU an inner spirit
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I was at a Gander Mountain store a couple of years ago and picked up a couple of pair of Ice fishermens gloves, they were made out of neoprene I believe, work well for cold rain and they are not slipprey on the grips when wet.

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Thanks all.

Well I hope these will fill the niche I need to fill which is just riding in the rain above 50 degrees. With heated grips I don't need a lot of warmth.

Curt

alan

R.I.P - 3/20/2011
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I have the Aerostich triple digit rain covers and they work fairly well. They are large enough to wear over my normal gloves. They do tend to leak a little bit along their seams in soaking rain, so need to be treated with seam sealant.

One cool thing about the triple digit gloves is you get to give Vulcan salutes to other riders. :D

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
So, if a guy riding North, wearing triple diget gloves, waves at a girl riding south and she flips him off, does that mean their are having a fling? :eek:

Thanks for having me over, I need to get back to work!!!

Top Bottom