Rammount HB-2 question

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Hi All,

I'm mounting the Rammount HB-2 on the clutch side. Where the hell is that little star washer they give you suppose to go?

I can't figure that out. Not that it probably matters but I thought I would ask.

Link to the HB-2 at Cyclegadgets

Curt

I believe it belongs on the threaded portion of the ball itself. Probably to prevent movement when you have devices attached.

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
The issue with the HB-2 though is that the ball with the nut on it actually drops into a hex hole for it on the mount so the star washer cannot physically drop in there. And it can't go on the other side because that hole is counter-sunk for the screw that goes into the nut. Maybe they just give it to you in case you want to use the ball in another fashion.

Thanks for the input guys. That was pretty fast response. I guess it must be 36 and raining where everyone lives today. ;)

Stayed tuned for the little project I did with the HB-2. Coming up momentarily in the farkle section.

Thanks again,
Curt

crazykz said:
I guess it must be 36 and raining where everyone lives today. ;)
My reference was to the ball that screws into the top of the mount. That was the setup I used on my wing.

I wish that was the case. It's sunny and 70 degrees here. But unfortunately I'm still waiting on my '05 that should have been here last week.

Oh well, I know it will be worth it when it finally gets here.

Take care.

Last edited:
OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
sttourer said:
My reference was to the ball that screws into the top of the mount. That was the setup I used on my wing.

I wish that was the case. It's sunny and 70 degrees here. But unfortunately I'm still waiting on my '05 that should have been here last week.

Oh well, I know it will be worth it when it finally gets here.

Take care.
The top ball is now a permanent part of the mount. It doesn't screw on anymore. I wish it did though.

Curt

Top Bottom