real cold weather cross country riders

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
I had several thoughts go through my mind as I watched most of the video.

First...where does she go potty? Wow! That would be cold! It's one of those things you never see on TV. People go through their lives, eat, sleep, etc. ...but no one has to go potty. I wonder if you can get icicles at that temperature?

Second, I didn't get the feeling they had a support vehicle following them. I guess because they had Hondas and not BMW GS's, they didn't need the support vehicle or 10 strong guys to wrestle their bikes out of places they should never be. I couldn't help think about how cold that was! One slipup and they could be dead of hypothermia. Every thing you do has to be thought out to conserve calories and not do something stupid like freeze your fingers...which were bare often.

How much money do they make on a YouTube video? There's some income involved, but I still wouldn't do what they are doing for any amount of money.

Chris

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
I live in Nova Scotia and don't like driving through Quebec, but its Canada, and love all our provinces.

I bought a new 1976 KH100 2 stoke in the fall of 76. My neighbour already had his and we drove the whole winter on these bikes. It was a blast, but we were only 16 at the time

Last edited:

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
Oddly enough, Quebec is actually one of the few jurisdictions where studded tires are legal...
Well, they got to meet a lot of friendly Quebecers to make up for that class A asshat. Must be a cousin of Ritchie.
Truly epic courage to do it on C90's. But I can see a sort of crazy reason to do that. You can pick the damn things up pretty easily. Even with all that gear on them. And you don't need to go 130KPH at minus 20....especially since I don't think they had any heated gear.

Did anyone count how many days they took to cross the prairies?

OP
OP
drtyrrel
Bike
2010 ST-1300
I live in Nova Scotia and don't like driving through Quebec, but its Canada, and love all our provinces.

I bought a new 1976 KH100 2 stoke in the fall of 76. My neighbour already had his and we drove the whole winter on these bikes. It was a blast, but we were only 16 at the time
Gaspe was my favorite ride so far and it's in Quebec. The people from there are very friendly as well.

Top Bottom