Real world police riding

Bike
2003 ST1300A
That is some pretty good riding right there. I'd love to try that location. When I was a trainer in Toronto we used to go on some pretty tight runs, not that tight, but similar.

I know there are many police "rodeo" and similar training events. If you've never been to one, seeing one live is a great way to pass a day or weekend retreat.

In Ontario Canada we have the Great Lakes Police Motorcycle Training Seminar. This is a great event that officers come to and practice (and show off) their riding skills. Some officers from Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, Mississippi, Florida, and others have attended and tend to do very well in the events.

Also nearby, in Flint Michigan, is the Bikes on the Bricks event is another up the north end of things here. Their webpage is not yet updated for 2024, but I'm sure they'll host an event.

Have fun, riding slow is harder than riding quick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Obo

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I don't know... he did knock over one cone.... lol - I would have just done a straight line through it and knocked over as many as I could.

I always enjoy watching how they handle the bikes but real world use always trumps movable safety cones. Similar to watching the cops in South America chase fugitives down narrow streets at high speeds. That crap is crazy.

At the bike show last weekend was talking to a Rcmp officer who was promoting their safety course. I pointed out you can push your skills when you don't have to pay for any damage to the bike, or try to find the tupperware to fix it.

Bike
2003 ST1300A
At the bike show last weekend was talking to a Rcmp officer who was promoting their safety course. I pointed out you can push your skills when you don't have to pay for any damage to the bike, or try to find the tupperware to fix it.
For sure, riding a company bike and trying hard is easier than doing it on your own mount. I've dropped Harley police bikes more than my ST for sure. Other than grinding some chrome I've never had any damage that had to be repaired in order to continue. I have seen it happen where a windscreen does get ground a bit in a hard drop.

How true it is when you don't have to pay for your mistakes, I have run my fingers under the pods of police bikes and they have definitely hit the asphalt more times than videos of rally's show. But damn those guys are still good!!!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Not that you told him something he didn't know. What better way to push your skills than on somebody else's dime. So they have an advantage not everybody does. Might there some other venue where riders can compete on somebody else's dime?

Top Bottom