Rear Caliper won't bleed

Bike
2003 ST1300 ABS
So I pulled all the plastics off to do some thorough service while it is snowing outside. Flushed all brake fluid and clutch fluid. While flushing the rear caliper, the outer bleed valve (furthest one to the back) would not bleed. I used a mityvac tool and could not suck anything out of it. Is this common on the ST1300 and does that mean I need to rebuild the caliper? Advice?
The rear Center bleed valve bled just fine. One other thing to mention though is when I tried to bleed the proportioning control valve I did not get any fluid from it either, but when I went back through all the other bleed valves fluid flowed freely.
When I spin the rear wheel I hear a drag off and on, making me think the rotor was warped, but if the rear caliper is not moving would that cause the drag sound on only one part of the rotor?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You have to go old-school when bleeding that part of the rear caliper. If there's two of you doing this, one can press and hold the foot brake while you open then close the bleed valve.

If you're doing this alone, you can try using a broom handle or something to press and hold the foot brake while you open/close the valve. You just have to be careful not to let up on the foot brake while the valve is open.

Top Bottom