Rear Tire Bearings CBR

Replacing rear tire decided to replace bearing as well... good thing it was in bad shape from the mechanics report... installed the newly supplied after market non OEM described on these boards... put in fronts which seemed amazingly good... BUT installed rears and before mounting could feel what can only be described as 'rough spots' on the turning by hand of the right hand bearing (2 become one)... CBR folks very kind and willing to replace if need be mechanic advised OEM... ordered and left... at the recc of the CBR sometimes the bearings can be 'over-pressed' and 'twist' and sometimes when installed the spacers and bearings pull together... soooo... got a call saying after looking at it and installing the tire back on the bike it could not be felt... tire spun well... and all seemed well... soooooo now what... thoughts experiences?
Thanks in advance

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
I take it you mean the Flange Bearings ( not main ones ). I think that the full double bearing roller is the way to go if replacement is needed.

I would make sure that a torque wrench is used on the back axle just in case the over tigtening has a relationship to the oem bearing going (at diff miles for everyone).

Top Bottom