Recomended Suspension Upgrade

Bike
2008 ST 1300
Hi all,

As I am coming into down time for riding in upstate NY I was looking for some advice on possible suspension upgrades for my bike.

The bike is a 2008 ST1300. All stock except the seat and new tires.

I ride 2 up about 75% of the time I'm 6'-2" and weigh roughly 280 and my wife weighs about 150. We do some weekend trips where we will have an additional 50 lbs (guess) of clothes etc. packed away.

My questin is what upgrades should I make to the suspension? The bike only has about 7600 miles on it.

Thank you in advance for helping out a rookie.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Re: Recommended Suspension Upgrade

Hi all,

As I am coming into down time for riding in upstate NY I was looking for some advice on possible suspension upgrades for my bike.

The bike is a 2008 ST1300. All stock except the seat and new tires.

I ride 2 up about 75% of the time I'm 6'-2" and weigh roughly 280 and my wife weighs about 150. We do some weekend trips where we will have an additional 50 lbs (guess) of clothes etc. packed away.

My questing is what upgrades should I make to the suspension? The bike only has about 7600 miles on it.

Thank you in advance for helping out a rookie.
The first thing I would do is get some stiffer springs for the forks such as the Sonic Springs 1.2 Kg/mm rate ones. You could also surely benefit from a stiffer rear spring as well. Race Tech can supply a stiffer spring. I've just recently had the rear changed to a 1200lb/in spring (OEM is around 900 I think). I had them re-valve the shock with their gold valve while I was at it.

I've got the Sonic's up front but plan to re-valve the forks as well (parts are on the bench).

Other suppliers are Olins, Hyperpro, Wilbers, Penske, Progressive Suspension, Taxxion Dynamics and Works Performance.

Top Bottom