Replacing rear seat on ST1300P

Does anyone know if the rear cover on the 1300p that replaces the rear seat will fit on any 1300. Kinda like the look.

OP
OP
Re: Replacing rear seat.

Thanks. I like the look of the smuggler but a little to pricey for me at $800:00.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

One of akea's pics shows the subframe comparison, the police one being on the bike:

OP
OP

I was hoping it would be a simple bolt on that you could switch back and forth but looking at the pictures doesn't appear to be the case. Thanks for your help.

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #

With the UK version, it's a simple bolt-on. The cowls are slightly different too (the mounting holes are in different positions) but you could adapt a US cowl to fit a UK cowl plate. The seat latch mechanism needs a slight modification too.

The plate is stainless steel and rather heavy. I have a spare one, and the seat latch parts, but I bet shipping would be hefty.

Attachments

looking to find a rear seat to replace the white box...is it possible to find and replace? do I need a special bracket ?

thanks, michelB

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
looking to find a rear seat to replace the white box...is it possible to find and replace? do I need a special bracket ?

thanks, michelB
Depending on what’s there... that UK set up is sweet! The NA police and civilian version has a different tail frame section. The police seats have a different rear catch. The civilian rear seat clips into the front civilian seat catch. So there are a couple of choices.
Easiest one is to buy the rear civilian frame section. Take off yours replace with the other. About 10 bolts and a few bracket bolts. Then install the cable and latch for rear seat. Lastly you need the bracket for the rear of the front seat to nestle the rear into. I did mine last week it took about 2 hours.

Other choose is a grinder and some ingenuity. YouTube...

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
If you haven’t resolved this yet... Corbin has the dual canyon. On their site they give instructions to install catch and cable and install their seat. Brilliant!

Top Bottom