Ride The Highlands

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Received the below from a friend and thought that I would pass it on here for those looking for rides in the North-East section of the continent.

The guys behind Ride The Highlands are gearing up for the 2024 season with an article titled Prepped and Polished for Spring. It includes many links and GPX files for the rides.

Click the below link for the article.
Prepped and Polished for Spring

Last edited:

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
I can vouch for the area as more than entertaining. A number of OnSToc events in past years used many of the recommended roads. The current issue of "Motorcycle Mojo" has an article describing several highlights of the Highlands. Who can forget the Wilno Tavern, once having been there! And then there's the Baron Canyon...

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Very interesting, Andrew....

I was already planning to do the route 43, from Alexandria to Perth. That would put me right in the hearth of those five rides, or very close.

I'm also thinking about doing the highway 7 from Ottawa to Sunderland.

But those five Highlands rides are certainly more scenic roads than a flat straight highway... so, yes.... very interesting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andrew Shadow

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
43 is pretty boring for the most part. Better than the 417 or the 401 insofar as it isn't a super-highway, but it definitely isn't what I would refer to as a destination ride.

Top Bottom