RIP. Dale Walksler

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Been through there a couple times; never met Dale. Several of my riding buddies have met him a few times; it was nice to have that moto-attraction. There are too few, IMO. Motorhead or not, these vehicles depict slices of Americana and our history, and deserve to be preserved.
Cancer SUX.

Reactions: TOS

bub

Bike
St1300(08
A true gentleman that had a amazing talent to make cool old stuff run. Rip Dale you was always a barrel of good times.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Ahhh...that is too bad. I must say that if you are anywhere near the WtT museum - it is WELL worth the trip.

It is a very large and well equipped facility packed with amazing American motorcycle history and many unique machines, the staff is extremely kind and welcoming and a day spent there will not soon be forgotten.

Pete

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Sad to hear, I enjoyed talking with him when we stopped in while attending the BRG.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
A true gentleman that had a amazing talent to make cool old stuff run. Rip Dale you was always a barrel of good times.

Been there many times as well. Dale was a real personable fellow. Always happy to talk old. Motorcycles. What a shame. I'm sure his son will carry on the business.

One time I asked Dale about starting a motorcycle that had been sitting for decades. He explained that motorcycles are inanimate machines and they don't know if they were last shut off yesterday or 100 years ago. Check for compression and spark, pour in fresh gas, check the oil level, and fire them up.

Thought it would be more complicated than that lol

RIP Dale, you will be missed

Reactions: bub

dr1954

Rick
Bike
=6= F800gs
Met him in the early 90s when he had his dealership in Mt Vernon Illinois, again a few years ago at his museum. You have to admire his passion.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
So sorry, a lost treasure for sure.
as someone else said...cancer sux...!

tjhiggin

R.I.P. - 2022/06/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
Sad news indeed. I snapped this pic of Dale (on the bike) and my friend Jon when we were at the museum a few years ago. Dale was a super nice guy.

DaleJon.jpg

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Indeed - a riding buddy and I visited the Wheels Through Time museum a couple of years back and it is a superb display of American bikes dating back to the very earliest days.

The Walksler family are to be congratulated and thanked by the motorcycling community and the loss of their patriarch is a very sad event.

Anyhow - I am sure that anyone who has been there would join me in recommending a visit. It is well worth the trip and certain warrants a half or full day visit. Aside from all the V-twins, they have an incredible collection of inline four cylinder American bikes. They have Hendersons, Indians and others - all in perfect running order.

Related to that is an incredibly cool thing: if you stand beside a bike long enough and look especially interested, a staff member will come along and tell you about it and if you like, he will start the bike up - right there on the floor!

No exhaust ducting, no rope barriers, no ear protectors, no other guy standing by with a fire extinguisher - just bike guys having fun with bikes.

Pete

RobbieAG

Robert
Bike
2005 ST1300
This is really sad news. I got to meet him at the museum and as others have said, he was very friendly and personable. He will be missed. Hopefully his son Matt will carry on.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
This is really sad news. I got to meet him at the museum and as others have said, he was very friendly and personable. He will be missed. Hopefully his son Matt will carry on.
When I was there in <I think> autumn of 2019, Matt told us that his Dad was quite ill but that the museum would carry on regardless.

Bike
VStrom 650
He made it onto English TV on a couple of Stateside productions, very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
He went too young.
Upt'North.

Bike
Scrambler Ducati
Lots of interesting youtube content about bikes in the museum. The museum is a must see. Will miss a great motorcycle enthusiast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom