RoadSmart vs Stock and ????

STOC# 6863
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
That's interesting, do you regularly check your pressure?

Sounds like you're pretty aggressive, there may not be a tire for you.. LOL But, that's not really a bad thing.:D
I do check my pressure regularly, and I am running 41/42 psi. However, much of my riding is back roads, which around here is "tar and chip" surface - very hard on the tires. I just keep hoping that I will find a 10,000 mile tire - it may not be out there for me.

I did have some metzlers that lasted almost that long when I was riding my Concours, but they were bias-ply tires and didn't have the sporting profille I like. Oh well...

Mark

suedez

Suede
Bike
2006 St-1300
STOC #
Just put 4000 miles on Roadsmarts on a trip through the Ozarks and Smokies. I like them a lot and they are going to last longer than the stocks did. I did notice a bit more oscillation passing semis than on the stocks but I'm pretty sure its just due to reading way too many of these stinkin tire threads.:rolleyes:

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I do check my pressure regularly, and I am running 41/42 psi. However, much of my riding is back roads, which around here is "tar and chip" surface - very hard on the tires. I just keep hoping that I will find a 10,000 mile tire - it may not be out there for me.

I did have some metzlers that lasted almost that long when I was riding my Concours, but they were bias-ply tires and didn't have the sporting profille I like. Oh well...

Mark
Have you tried the PR2's. I am an aggressive rider and cannot find a 10,000 mile tire either. The closest I came was with a PR2 that got 9,000. Storms only got 6,000 and Dunflops got 7,000 but cupped pretty bad. I am going back to PR2's nest tire change.

JimS

Today is a Good Day to Ride
Bike
'06
STOC #
Roadsmart on the rear and at the wear bars at 6500 miles. Noticed the center flattening out about 1000 miles ago, and since then the bike tends to wander in the turns. I'm religious about checking pressure, but it's looking like the mileage will be no better than the oem Dunlop. My Avon front still looks new.

Also noticed a lot of roads in the area had the tar and chip surface applied this year. :(

While I will say the handling, until things starting going south, was excellent, I think I may try the PR2 next.

Jim

Top Bottom