OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I decided to go with the XT. Snag one off of eBay last night for $35 including shipping. XM wouldn't sell me the one for $30 but I'm betting they would charge for S/H and Tax so I'm thinking $35 was the better deal.

Curt

Louie Louie

Garmin 2730

OK Rub it in..... whats the MP3 capacity of the 2730? Some of us poorfolk have to wait till prices go down!..

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie Louie

Paul said:
. Now I get to holler, yell, threaten the radio with it's very existence, and all much healthier than smoking. It's been great, I highly recommend it.
Paul
LMAO..I understand ..I quit smoking (cigarettes) a few years back. You have a good attitude and always look up to your posts. Its better to yell at the Roady than to smoke..(cigarettes).

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Ken said:
This thread would make me go with Sirius if I ever wanted satellite radio. :)
I don't have any firsthand experience with the current generation of radios, but my Starmate ST-1 runs kind of warm, too. The Sirius radios run directly on 12V, which I consider a plus because I don't have to find a place to stuff the converter. The downside is that all of the heat from the voltage regulator ends up inside the radio.

Neither XM or Sirius seems to make anything that's truly suited for use with gloves on. I snapped up an ST-1 specifically because it has a paddle on it that can be configured to browse all channels or just the presets by pressing a button that's fairly easy to get to.

--Mark

STOC #
The Curse of Paul Buettner

Paul said:
In my opinion the Roady 2 is without a doubt the biggest POS ever released on the market. Delphi should rot in hell after they are sued out of business. What a piece of crap. Delphi had no intention of this thing lasting. Open one up and you'll see what I mean. What a piece of crap. The cheapest plugs and connectors on the planet. I would not be surprised if Delphi had to have the plugs made to this POS quality. What a piece of crap.
If you haven't guessed I'm just in from the last ride my Roady 2 will ever take on my bike. What a piece of crap. This is my third Roady 2 on the bike, the piece of crap. I'm getting better mileage out of the left side head light bulbs than I am out of the Roady 2's and you already know how I feel about the head light trouble.
My XM subscription ends next month and I'm going to tell XM exactly why I moving to Sirius, because of the genuine POS receiver you people are trying to sell.
Did I mention I think the Roady 2 is a piece of crap?

Paul
I knew it! I just knew it! Just when I said I had no problems with my Roady 2 up to this point - I couldn't get the power plug to go into the receptacle on the unit - either in my car or on the bike. :mad: It is in warranty, so I will send it back for a replacement - wish me luck. :(

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I went thru 2 Roady's... 2 MyFi's... now I have an Ipod :) . I gave up on the mini plugs on the Delphi POS' :mad:

STOC #
A well-known fact

sherob said:
I went thru 2 Roady's... 2 MyFi's... now I have an Ipod :) . I gave up on the mini plugs on the Delphi POS' :mad:
It is a well-known fact that you are extremely hard on equipment and that you test tangibles to destruction. :D
So, is this a fair assessment - inquiring minds want to know.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Rolling Thunder said:
It is a well-known fact that you are extremely hard on equipment and that you test tangibles to destruction. :D
So, is this a fair assessment - inquiring minds want to know.
I've been meaning to talk to you about your avatar :cool:

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Rolling Thunder said:
What avatar would that be?
:eek: Guess my eyes were playing tricks on me... I thought I saw a hot brunette next to a cruiser :confused: Back to the meds :D

STOC #
Paul said:
Look on the end of your power plug and see if there is a small piece of plastic on the end, most are black but I have seen yellow. If it is gone look in the hole on the Roady 2 and you will find it. You will nearly destroy the Roady 2 trying to get it out so don't bother. See if XM will upgrade you to the XT model for a resonable price.
OK. Thanks Paul. Tell me you have not put a curse on the XT as well. ;)

STOC #
quote from the Oracle of Delphi

Paul said:
Death to all things Delphi.
The irony of it all - "Death to all things Delphi" quoted by the Oracle of Delphi! ;)

Paul - You were correct - the rings on both plugs are gone (inside the unit itself). I suppose those are insulators? Will I need new plugs (with the ring) as well? :?:
Standing by .............................

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Wow, am I the only person who has had a positive experience with both XM and the Roady? I bounce mine back and forth between car and bike with no problems. I do try to keep the plugs connected to the unit itself, as much as possible to minimize the chances of screwing up the connectors (although I do have to unplug it to change vehicles). But after 8 months I've not had a single component-related problem. Then again, I haven't had it in the rain, either. And yes, the unit gets very hot...especially in the car.

STOC #
racer1735 said:
Wow, am I the only person who has had a positive experience with both XM and the Roady? I bounce mine back and forth between car and bike with no problems. I do try to keep the plugs connected to the unit itself, as much as possible to minimize the chances of screwing up the connectors (although I do have to unplug it to change vehicles). But after 8 months I've not had a single component-related problem. Then again, I haven't had it in the rain, either. And yes, the unit gets very hot...especially in the car.
Racer - you asked for it - the curse of the Oracle of Delphi (Paul Buettner) - the next time you unplug your power plug your tiny ring insulator will stay inside the unit and you will not be able to get the power plug back in. Count on it. Report back if I'm wrong. You are the only one left that this has not happened to - your time is up. ;)

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Okay...I'm resurrecting a long dead thread, but my Roady ... my one and only original Roady ... died yesterday. No power at all. Dead. So, what to replace it with? More importantly, what is just as portable (from bike to car and back) and runs on the SAME POWER SUPPLY (6 volt as hardwired into the bike)? Yeah, I'd buy another if they still make them, but its been 16 months since I was last in the market.

Top Bottom