Rode a Harley I Liked

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
LiveWire. The thing is a blast. Ended up at Harley tent in Daytona and was surprised to see demo rides on them. Lots of people were riding them and all the comments were positive. They had them in standard street mode and the thing is still fast. While riding at 65 it will instantly set you back real good when you hit the throttle.

If I had unlimited $$$$, (I don't. :() I could see one for around town playing.

STOC #
I've been waiting for the local dealer to get one. Things are always a little slow (in many ways) around here lol.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I think that's pretty much the reaction from anyone that rides any electric bike. I've not ridden one, but I took a close look at some Zero bikes. I thought the fit/finish was just so-so... just seemed like it was a final prototype, not production level quality. I suspect the HD fit/finish is quite good.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I bet they are fun to ride but....... How long does a charge last and how long does it take to recharge?

Bike
2004 ST1300
I bet they are fun to ride but....... How long does a charge last and how long does it take to recharge?
I think they can be charged in an hour on a commercial fast charger or 10-11 hours on a home charger. That gets you around 95 miles combined city/highway. Pretty nifty bike, in my opinion, but not $30k worth of nifty.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I've ridden a Zero S and it would make a great run around town, local rides platform....... for maybe $8k. But not for $20K. That's $6k more than I paid for my new FJR fully faired, bagged, liquid cooled, 1300cc shaft drive sport tourer. I don't see the value in the electric bike, even though I would gladly own one.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm glad there are people who can afford and buy electric bikes. At some point prices will drop and may even become affordable for the average guy and gal. Very little New Stuff is both brilliant and inexpensive.

It's sad that those who buy into it - ultimately making it cheaper for the rest of us -are most often ridiculed for having more money than good sense. But then it's their own damn fault. In doing that we have less to complain about and no apples to compare to oranges and where's the fun in that.

As refined as they're getting performance-wise I'd like to see the styling look more finished and sleeker and simultaneously less sport-bike like. I'd like to own a sleek belt-drive ebike in my lifetime. Plastic adds weight so I see the dilemma but still want a more "enclosed" bike.

Top Bottom