Rosta likes to accelerate

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I finally go tmy Rosta cc installed after having it sit in the garage for 9 months. I figured it was aged as much as it needed and time to be broken in.

All seems pretty good. I used a Rosta switch (with engaged light) and a ROsta divide by 4 pulse unit.
It is working but I must have reversed some wires, my Resume/Accel button is acting like the Set/Coast button. Set/Coast is non-functional at the moment. So a minor and easy to fix issue next time I have the tupperware off.

But what I can't quiite figure. When I hit set, it runs me up about 10mph then settles back into the actual set speed. So if I am doing 75mph indicated, I tap the cc on, then hit the R/A I get a moderate acceleration to 85, then a slow relaxed throttle till speed drops to 75mph and we are now good to go.

My ppm is set at 24k
Gain (sensitivity) is extra low
Engine is 4 cyl/low

Also following the addendum sheet in my box I did not install any chain links. The cable is direct attached to my throttle via a 1.75 inch arm.

Suggestions?
Thanks,
T

Last edited:
When I hit set I make sure I'm on the throttle and not releasing it. It seems if you release the throttle and then hit the set the slack in the throttle cable may be causing it. One issue I have with mine is accelerating to pass when set and then releasing the throttle to resume the set speed. It slows way down for some reason.

I haven't installed a Rosta just the older CCS-100. It had settings for sensitivity, along the lines of small car little power, average car, and high HP light weight. This setting controlled how aggressive the unit would respond or less aggressive. You might look into this with the Rosta.

Well I was apparently dazed, confused or just a numb-nut when I set the dip-switches on my unit.
Ohh.. wait.. I have trouble focusing the eye sight close up.. so I couldn't see the dip switch number. Yeah.. that was the problem.

My PPm was way too low and my setting for the control switch was flipped to a normally closed circuit when I was using a normally open switch.

I'm surprised th eunit worked at all but it did. The on/off worked as it should, just the Set and Resume buttons were screwy. Resume would act as the Set and Set button was non-functional.

But thankfully no permanent damage done.. and my confidence will eventually recover.

Back
Top Bottom