Saggy ST1300

I bought a 2008 ST1300 a couple years ago to replace a ST1100. With 40Ks mile it was horrible to ride. As was pointed out to me 'Honda is typically under sprung and over dampened'. Every bump, tar strip, pebble came right up into your hands. Hands would go numb in about 20 miles. I'm not much for endorsements but I was nothing but impressed with Race Tech and the springs they provide, as well as the advise to solve the problem. Follow what they tell you. When you put the right springs in, your forks can actually travel a bit before you get into the dampening. Amazing what a difference. A Super Brace was in order as well. I don't know why these simply aren't standard. The last item this spring was the Heli Bar pull backs for the handle bars. These turned this into a bike I want to keep forever. Of course I cried at the prices I had to pay for the above listed items but I've found ST1300s to be quite affordable to buy, maybe because you have to fix them to get them right. But, try to find a Goldwing that's right. I do work on my own bikes. Picky about the suspension.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Welcome in.
Why aren't you the springguy? (I kid.)
RaceTech transformed my Blackbird, where the front end felt real vague when pushed hard in corners (yeah, I did that). A little squishy / squirmy, indecisive and tentative.
After the minor surgery, it was a full-on, corner-charging, planted and confident, high-speed curve-carver.
Look, Ma! No more chicken strips!

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
RaceTech transformed my Blackbird,
I upgrade my ST with RaceTech springs/valves/rear shock and continue to be really impressed by the handling, ever since I've thought of upgrading by Silver (black) Bird front shocks for the same reasons you mentioned, interested to hear what RaceTech upgrade you applied?

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
interested to hear what RaceTech upgrade you applied?
RaceTech Gold Valve Cartridge Emulators and R-T springs were installed by my good friend (Iron Butt Rally 3x finisher, and former Kawasaki technician) and me.
Customized for my weight with riding gear. Front only, and we kept the stock shock.
If you like sporty riding in the curves, you will dig it.

Top Bottom