Saw A Close Call....

Bike
2004 ST 1300
A poem from my wise Aunt Hazel, may she rest in peace:

There once was a man named Solomon Gray
Who died defending his right-of-way
He was in the right, they said all along
But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Amen.

Bike
07 ST1300
Ive just started riding again after a long hiatus and despite being very defensive and experienced I've had drivers move over on me several times. Despite pretty serious fines and demerit points in Ontario, The major change I see from 10 years ago is the high volume of people who text on there phones..... its sad to think that my life (or yours) is less valuable than the message they are reading. As I say to my son who has been riding since he was 5 but not allowed to ride on the street under family rules until he is 25,...try to be as visible as possible but expect despite your best efforts ride defensively like no one will see you.
What? You can tell him what to do until he is 25? That's amazing.

Bike
2004 ST 1300
...As I say to my son who has been riding since he was 5 but not allowed to ride on the street under family rules until he is 25,...
Good call. This seems to be about the age when the frontal lobe matures and the whole immortality thing begins to even out. Everyone is different, though.

To be fair, I have seen some bonehead things from grown-*** men, so age is only one factor in the larger equation. My favorite is flip-flops.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
There's enough danger inherent to our sport. Road rage is something every rider needs to take out of his game. It's a no win and can end up very badly these days.

CCR

Good call. This seems to be about the age when the frontal lobe matures and the whole immortality thing begins to even out. Everyone is different, though.

To be fair, I have seen some bonehead things from grown-*** men, so age is only one factor in the larger equation. My favorite is flip-flops.
Having time to develop that 6th sense of traffic flow in a cage is priceless and a lot better than learning the hard way.

squid rider.jpg

Bike
2004 ST 1300
Having time to develop that 6th sense of traffic flow in a cage is priceless and a lot better than learning the hard way.

squid rider.jpg
That looks like a PA tag there...embarrassing. Unfettered, physics will have that beast traveling in a straight line at speed until the tank empties , but any number of variables could change that very quickly.

steve3b3

Retired
Bike
2018 GoldWing
I have a friend who seems to take offense easily. Nothing major, horn and finger.
I find that it's easier to work with traffic, and try to anticipate what other drivers are going to do.

St

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
While he is under my roof ;)and he doesn't seem to be in a rush to leave :rolleyes:
I bought my first bike on my 18th birthday.* My parents didn't oust me, but they did ask why I didn't "discuss" it with them first. I asked what they would have said, which was don't get a bike. I told them that was why I didn't discuss it with them.

* I rode my bicycle to the dealer, selected a used '72 CL450 and an orange Bell RT helmet, salesman drove me to the bank in his car to hit my savings account, went back to complete purchase, and rode illegally to DMV to get my bike license.

The rest is history (still in the making).

Top Bottom