Schematic of ST1300 Muffler

I've looked on the Internet and I can't find a schematic of the S t's muffler. Does anyone have a picture or a cutaway of the muffler itself?
Thanks

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I never heard of a muffler schematic, are you asking about a "cross section" view of the muffler? And if so, which direction, lengthwise, or across the diameter?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Muffler Schematic courtesy of Mellow's link

Who knew?! (Ok, obviously Mellow did.)

I've only seen a couple or cutaways. The one that sticks out was for a Lexus 400SC (I think). It had an internal flap that opened and was supposed to reduce back pressure under hard acceleration and improve performance. All I know is it sounded great!

OP
OP
Muffler Schematic courtesy of Mellow's link

Who knew?! (Ok, obviously Mellow did.)

I've only seen a couple or cutaways. The one that sticks out was for a Lexus 400SC (I think). It had an internal flap that opened and was supposed to reduce back pressure under hard acceleration and improve performance. All I know is it sounded great!
That's what I was looking for everybody I looked all over the Internet including the Honda sites and I couldn't find it so you guys pulled me out of the fire. Again there's a lot of smart people hear about the ST thanks

OP
OP
I never heard of a muffler schematic, are you asking about a "cross section" view of the muffler? And if so, which direction, lengthwise, or across the diameter?
You figured out a cross-section diagram but you guys hook me up

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I remember seeing one on the calsci site many years ago, just had to find it.

When popping through the baffles, do you just do the first "wall" or do you do two punches through? In the diagram, it looks like the 3rd wall is the catalytic converter? Anyone completely emptied the cans (including the catalytic converter beads) so they are just cans?

Top Bottom