Sedona Ride

Whisker Bill

(Brian)
Site Supporter
STokes Bay, Ontario & migrating to Florida
Bike
2007 ST1300
@mikekc
I haven’t been there, but I did find this!
I found it posted when I searched “things for a motorcyclist to see in Sedona.”

Sedona to Flagstaff through Oak Creek Canyon is a good ride. Plus if you are staying in Sedona, anywhere you go is fantastic. Also try riding to Jerome, an old ghost town, now an artist community. Very cool

Enjoy your trip & STay safe!

Edit:
BTW
Please take lots of pictures and post your trip on here!

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
+1 on Oak Creek Canyon, stop at Slide Rock State Park, don't know if there is camping but the views are beautiful.
I think you might be making a lot of stops in the area, spectacular scenery!

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
I did Sedona to Flagstaff Oak Creek Canyon in 2003. Spectacular. Also visited Jerome, fantastic. Unfortunately I was driving a car. You will enjoy it. Good luck.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
We camped at...what was the name.. "Cave Springs Campground", along oak creek canyon, a must do road (89A). You'll be about 30 minutes north of Sedona, but no need to rush on that twisty road. You want to go slow and enjoy the views.

They have dry toilet. paying showers (but, like 2 dollars for 12 minutes, and the shower is large enough, so my wife and I could take it together. Have to do our part to save some water, right ? ;-).
Nice place under the shade, along the oak creek. lots of spaces between the camping spots.
No electricity, but that wasn't an issue for a few days. We ran on battery, just for the lights in the popup camper, anyway.

Ah, Yes ! Another point. When do you want to go there ? Probably just too hot in mid-summer. We went the 3rd week of may, 2017, and it was already very hot in Sedona. Thanks to the higher altitude and the shady canyon, it is cooler at the campground. So it was like 82F at the campground, instead of 92F in Sedona.

As for places to visit, we did a couple of short hiking trail to enjoy the extraordinary outstanding landscape, unique to Sedona (it's the reason why we go there, right ?)

We did some "vortex" trails : bell rock, boynton canyon, the airport... The airport is atop a small mesa, so we have a nice view on the area from there.

Incredible place. We have to go back, before we get too old.

Last edited:
Bike
2012 ST1300A
Going to Sedona for a few days----- any suggestions on camp sites or destination spots?
Thanks
I live in Glendale, AZ (in the valley next to Phoenix), hit me up if I can be of any help if you are passing through and run in to any problems. DM me if you want my phone number.

robert

Top Bottom